Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - April 5

What Am I Working On?
I'm currently working on multiple projects, first is the 'Ascension' story of the Chicago Cubs and their World Series win after a 108 year drought and what changed to make that happen.  Second, I'm also working on some poetry, but it's not going that well and I'm unsure how to help myself be better at that.  Third, I'm working on Narrative #2, a continuation of my story The Lab.

Word Count?
I'm not altogether sure, I've been writing in my notebook/journal and haven't physically counted.

How Do I Feel About The Process?
I'm not feeling my creative juices flowing as much as I did the first half of the semester and I'm not sure why.  I'm writing stuff down, but nothing I love so far.

I had a really hard time with the in-class experiment today.  I could not think of any ideas to go with, nor any poetry-like words to write.  I would very much like to change that so I will challenge myself to do so.

What Am I Reading?
Gwendolyn Brooks :
                 "A Bronzeille Mother Loiters in Mississippi, Meanwhile a Mississippi Mother Burns
                 Bacon" - I loved this piece written from Carolyn Bryant's perspective.

                "The Mother"

Flannery O'Connor "A Good Man is Hard To Find"

James Baldwin "Sonny's Blues"

What Am I Watching?
1 episode of the Showtime original show Billions

Bill Maher

John Oliver

What Am I Listening To?
NPR
Johnny Cash playlist
Pearl Jam
Evita soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment