Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - March 22

What am I working on?:
I'm just now getting back into the swing of things.  We had Spring Break and I had an essay due yesterday for my American Lit class.

Now I can focus on Experiment #7, I was assigned "Ascension" from the 20 Master Plots book.  My idea is to follow the story of the Chicago Cubs baseball team in their 'ascension' out of being losers and not winning a World Series for the past 108 years!  It's an incredible story (if you like baseball ;-) and it immediately came to mind when I received my assignment.

Word Count:
About 200, I began free writing and will work on it further.

How Do I Feel About The Process?
I wish I could carve our more time to write.  I'm juggling 2 classes at Moorpark, being a wife and taking care of the home, a mom and making sure my son's homework gets finished (yep! homework in 2nd grade) and I also volunteer at my son's school and run the art program for his school.  Not to mention trying to find time to exercise.

I'm still working on balancing it all and its the ever-constant struggle to achieve it.

What Am I Reading?
I'm still trying to read Room

I also just sped read Eat Right For Your Type.  It's a book about eating right for your blood type.  I found the information I once knew, and had forgotten, very interesting.

What Am I Watching? (I know, write more and watch less, but I need some downtime!)
Over Spring Break my friend turned me on to a Netflix series about the Irish Rebellion called "Rebellion".  It's really good, I'm in the middle of the 3rd episode.

John Oliver's Weekly Show on HBO.  I freaking LOVE him!

Dancing With The Stars on Monday nights.  It just resumed the new season this past Monday and I have to watch it now because David Ross, former catcher for the Chicago Cubs is on it!  Grandpa Rossi is the man!!

Showtime's "Homeland" when I can.  I love that series!

CNN (Anderson Cooper 360 is my fav) to keep abreast of the circus.

I'm also going to add What Am I Listening To?
I'm a huge NPR fan and listen to KCLU in my car.

1 comment:

  1. I rely on NPR for my daily commutes. Did you explore any worthwhile podcasts?

    ReplyDelete