Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday



What am I working on:
I'm working on my experiment #6, The world is exactly the same except......


Word Count:  
1,988 for the rewrite of my narrative #1 assignment. 

How Do I Feel About The Process?:
I love the 'community' we've created among our 'Houses'.  Its nice to be able to share your ideas, challenges and fears about the process with encouraging peers.  

I'm struggling to find new, fresh story ideas to branch out a bit.  I'd really like to come up with another original story idea, something in the first person, which I think might be a bit easier for me to practice with. 

I'm inspired by other writers in our class.  Certain writers are amazing and I wish I was as talented at this as them.  I'm determined to keep going though, practice, practice, practice.  

What am I reading:
William Faulkner As I Lay Dying

Emma Donoghue Room, lent to me by Chloe Frederickson, thank you :)

Stephen King One Writing

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You've started it! Can't wait to see what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever come up with any "World/Except" ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wade,
      Yes, here they are:
      The world is exactly the same except people have to resolve any conflicts by a "dance-off".

      The world is exactly the same except men and women alternate giving birth to children, but men go first.

      The world is exactly the same except we all speak one common language.

      Delete